Email MeAlan B. Neurick
Alan has been recognized as a Top Rated Lawyer in the DC/Baltimore Area, has an AV Preeminent rating (the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards following a strenuous Peer Review Rating process of the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary), and a Superb Top Attorney rating (10 out of 10) from Avvo.
Alan has achieved a very high success rate both from successful trials and outside the courtroom as lead counsel in hundreds of cases, including personal injury claims, contract and insurance coverage disputes, product liability claims, environmental and mass tort claims, carbon monoxide poisonings, defamation, motor torts (automobile, motorcycle, and trucking accidents), medical malpractice, brain injuries, and wrongful deaths.
Prior to joining Discepolo LLP, Alan was a principal at Saunders & Schmieler, a civil litigation firm where he defended cases against individuals and businesses and provided confidential advice for matters not in litigation. Alan sued as well on behalf of injured persons, including in motor vehicle accidents and medical malpractice claims, and for businesses and insurers in commercial or contract disputes. For several years, Alan was also an in-house trial lawyer for Zurich where he established a high courtroom success rate in the courts of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
In recent matters, Alan secured a plaintiff's judgment in a complex insurance coverage suit for over 3.5 million dollars against a defendant subcontractor and its insurance company in the Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia, and after the case was appealed twice to the Supreme Court of Virginia. Alan has also recently obtained significant settlements in personal injury matters, including for a tenant who fell from a collapsed balcony for $245,000. In a recent lawsuit alleging fraud and other causes of action where the defendants allegedly absconded with his client’s inheritance, Alan successfully obtained a temporary restraining order (TRO) favoring the plaintiff and re-secured $180,000 of his client’s money in only several weeks’ time.
Alan is a member of the Maryland Bar, the District of Columbia Bar, and several professional associations including the Maryland Association for Justice and the Anne Arundel Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Motor Torts (Automobile, Motorcyclist, and Trucking)
- Products Liability
- Contract and Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Premises Liability
- Carbon Monoxide Poisonings
- Medical Malpractice
- Environmental and Mass Torts
- Brain Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Temporary Restraining Orders and Preliminary Injunctions
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Maryland, 1999
- District of Columbia, 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2011
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - May, 1999
- Towson University, Towson, Maryland
- B.S. - January, 1996
- Major: English
- OneBeacon Insurance Co. v. William A. Graham Co., 33 EDA 2012, 2012 Pa. Super. LEXIS 3596 (Superior Ct. of Pa. 2012)
- Payne v. Clark, 25 A.3d 918 (D.C. 2011)
- Uniwest Constr., Inc. v. Amtech Elevator Services, Inc., 714 S.E.2d 560 (Va. 2011)
- Information Sys. & Network Corp. v. Federal Ins. Co., 805 A.2d 1141 (Md. Ct. Spec. App. 2002)
- Perdue Farms Inc. v. National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, PA, 197 F.Supp 2d. 370 (D. Md. 2002)
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer-Review Rating including in Litigation, Products Liability and Insurance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Anne Arundel Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Saunders & Schmieler, P.C., Principal
- Zurich North America, Trial Attorney
*** The AV Preeminent Rating is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and Judiciary. The AV Preeminent Rating is the pinnacle of professional excellence earned through a strenuous Peer Review Rating process that is managed and monitored by the world’s most trusted legal resource – Martindale-Hubbell.